Business Unit/Department: Fortytwo
Reports to: Software Development Manager
We are seeking those who are interested in developing their career with us in a young and dynamic software team. Successful candidates should enjoy working in an energetic team environment, have the enthusiasm and ambition to complete projects to the highest standard and want to be part of an organisation that has high quality values. Ability and commitment is vital to succeed.
• Delivery of high quality code conforming to industry standards and best-practices;
• Active interest and involvement in the full development life-cycle of software deliverables (requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing deployment, on-going system support/maintenance);
• A commitment to maintain the applicability and correctness of software deliverables produced, guaranteeing their alignment to business requirements and company goals.
• A good degree of proficiency in programming in general and Java in particular, along with the ability to learn new languages, and pick up new technologies;
• Sound understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP);
• RDBMS and SQL knowledge, especially in MySQL;
• Experience working with micro service architecture, RabbitMQ or other queuing systems, RESTful web services, JSON, XML
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) and fluency in English to facilitate communication with colleagues and external parties;
• Self-starter and problem solver with the ability to work independently;
• Ability to adhere to deadlines with the willingness to put in extra work to stick to said deadlines;
• Strong work ethic – with a passion towards achieving high precision and quality of work;
• Reliable time keeping and attendance;
• Ability to work in groups of other developers and other departments to achieve a common goal;
• Creativity and imagination towards the identification and delivery of solutions.
• Good knowledge of international IT and Mobile Telecom standards and protocols would be considered an asset
• University degree in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering or a related subject;
• 3-5 years hands-on experience in Software Development using Java
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.